Long stay airport parking specialist, Airport Parking and Hotels (www.aph.com) has added tips for a more environmentally friendly holiday to its comprehensive website. The company already operates a number of green initiatives and is encouraging its customers to do something small to reduce their carbon footprint when travelling.
London, England (PRWEB) June 28, 2007 -- Long stay airport parking specialist, Airport Parking and Hotels (www.aph.com) has added tips for a more environmentally friendly holiday to its comprehensive website. The company already operates a number of green initiatives and is encouraging its customers to do something small to reduce their carbon footprint when travelling.
* Pick an environmentally friendly airline - Look into which airline you book your holiday with. Some airlines recycle cans and newspapers onboard whilst others carbon offset all flights.
* Turn off Power - When going on holiday make sure you turn off your television and other electrical appliances rather than leave them on stand by. UK citizens waste around two power stations' worth of electricity each year by leaving TV sets and other gadgets on standby or on charge.
* Book airport parking rather than rely on Kiss and Fly - By booking airport parking and driving to the airport, rather than relying on being dropped off, holidaymakers can cut the number of road journeys made. (Kiss and Fly is when someone is dropped off at the airport and then picked up on their return meaning double the number of trips).
* Book Airport Parking with a green operator - Airport Parking and Hotels makes regular donations to worthy environmental causes and has so far donated over £20,000 to the World Land Trust and which has helped purchase 800 acres of Belize rainforest.
* Recommend a friend to APH and save five trees - For every friend you recommend to APH the company will donate £1 to the World Land Trust. The £1will purchase and save at least five large trees in various parts of the world including a rainforest conservation project in Ecuador
* Share magazines and newspapers - If you are in a large group then share magazines and newspapers rather than duplicate. Also make sure you take them from the plane and recycle them yourself when you leave as not all airlines have recycling policies.
* Say no to complimentary newspapers - Some hotels deliver a complimentary newspaper to your door, if you do not require this then say so when you check in to avoid wastage and the paper being thrown away as opposed to recycled.
For further information or to book visit www.aph.com
For further information then contact Stefanie Douch or Sarah Falkingham at gosh pr on 020 7681 6270.
Notes to editors:
Airport Parking and Hotels (APH) has over 20 years' experience as a retailer of pre-booked long and short stay airport parking. It offers parking at 18 UK airports, ports and Eurotunnel terminals plus airport hotels packaged with parking, airport lounges. It also offers a range of other pre-bookable travel extras including travel insurance, car hire, holiday taxis, ski lift passes, ski equipment and even an online safe for storage of valuable documents, APH handles around 700,000 bookings per year.
APH also has over 20 years' experience operating airport park and ride car parks, with more than 8,000 spaces at sites serving London Gatwick, Manchester and Birmingham airports. All APH operated car parks hold the Park Mark - Safer Parking Award.
APH is a carbon balanced company.
APH works closely with The World Land Trust and has to date helped purchase 800 acres of Belize rainforest through donations totalling more than £20,000.
APH is an AA preferred partner. Other partners include HSBC, BT, ASDA, BSkyB, the Institute of Advanced Motorists and Toys R US.
APH is a member of The Independent Airport Park and Ride Association (IAPRA) which represents UK independent airport park and ride operators.
APH has industry-leading customer retention rates: 96% of customers state that they are likely or very likely to book the same APH car park again.
APH was also a finalist in the British Parking Awards - Exceptional Customer Service Category.